Skip to main content

Open for Interpretation?

I've been thinking a lot about how I perceive (interpret) a situation and my ability to maintain my joy through it. Follow me here...

If I believe all things either come from the LORD or through His permissive will, and I believe He is always good and right, then why do I kick against the things I don't like or don't feel good? Isn't it from Him, for me, and meant for my good?

Ugly conclusion? Facts can all be agreed upon, but when I allow my feelings to create doubt, I lose all my joy and peace. Both are still available, but I've chosen to focus on my perception of the situation---this doesn't feel good, I don't like it, this hurts; therefore, I conclude it must not be good and begin to question God. 

So, is everything really open to interpretation? 

Does my perception of my circumstances make them any less good for me? 

Does my inability or unwillingness to admit God's doing something I don't understand prevent me from living well? Disobedience? 

Maybe I'm not thinking and living in outright rebellion, but am I procrastinating in my obedience? And isn't that another form of disobedience created by a lack of trust?

So...

These are some of the things I've had rolling around in my head for the last few weeks. Thoughts about how the fire of Holy Spirit in my life is not always comfortable, but brings about a sweet and delicious change. I can either cooperate and be joyful through it or resist and be miserable, but I will still move from being just an apple to being apple butter. Besides, the process will probably take longer if I resist. 

I've included some pics from when I made Apple Butter a couple of weeks ago. Yep! My first batch was more like thick apple sauce, but the second batch was practically perfect in every way. It just took more time over the heat.

LORD, I want to be more like Paul and Silas who were able to sing songs of praise after being beaten, chained, and imprisioned. Help me see You and trust You through every single hot minute of the transforming process of becoming more like You, Jesus. Amen.

After all night in the Crockpot

Changing from Apples to Apple Sauce

Ten Hours Later

Canning Bath
(Bouncing in Boiling Water for Five Minutes)

Transformed and Sealed




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surgery Needed!

I’ve spent years wanting to write words that will bring life and encouragement into the lives of others.   I’ve not written for fear of writing the wrong words or being misunderstood.   I’ve lived a life of disobedience.   I’ve used other “good things” to procrastinate and justify myself.   I’ve allowed dead works to fill my days and ease my conscience, but… Last weekend, I read a verse that caused me to pray a prayer that has rocked my world.   It turned me upside down and has shaken me so hard that everything of no value has been exposed.   Just this morning I was given the reminder that I was delivered and called to a life of holiness for God’s purposes and not my own (2 Timothy 1:9).   So, I’m guessing you want to know what Saturday’s verse was.   Here goes… The verse was Acts 3:26.   So it is to you first that God has sent His servant who He has raised up, so that He might bless you by turning each one of you from your evil ways.   FYI: I am currently reading from the Compl

In The Garden...Tools

Spring beckons us outdoors and invites us to stroll around our gardens.  We see the new growth and we take stock of what needs to be done to keep all our plants as healthy as possible.   For the next few weeks, I want to compare the work of tending our garden to tending the garden of our hearts.   Gardening requires tools , and those tools must be taken care of properly.  They must be cleaned and many must be sharpened.  Items needed will vary by tool, but we all need rags, alcohol, and oil.  Some of you sharpen your own tools which adds sharpening devices and knowledge of angles to the list of things you need.  Other tools need things like electrical cords and batteries.   Not everyone would agree, but I consider gloves and sunglasses as must-have garden tools.  Gloves protect my hands and ensure a firm grip.  S unglasses keep me from squinting against the glare, and help me see what I'm doing.  I don't want to lop off the wrong branch or uproot plants instead of weed

In The Garden...The Flower Walk

Our family has a tradition we call the Flower Walk.  It's an early morning stroll around the garden looking at all that's changed since the previous day.  There's nothing like the quiet stillness, broken only by the singing of the birds.  The dew is heavy and the air is cool. Our Flower Walk is usually done alone, but I do the Flower Walk with Momma or Daddy whenever I'm back home.  We carry a cup of hot drink and amble around the yard and talk about what we see.  We don't whisper, but there is a hush to our words; we speak with a quietness to match the morning air.  We usually settle on the porch and talk about life as we've talked about the garden.  We talk about the things past and dreams for things yet to come.  There is an intimacy in the time we spend together.   There's the lingering of many past walks; the hope of future walks. Gardening, for me, is not about the work or even the flowers that come and go with the seasons.  It's about t